There are about 1000 reasons why postcards are effective. Here are 10 of them!
- Postcard marketing is more affordable than most other types of marketing efforts, even for the smallest businesses.
- The Competition is unaware you are marketing, and this is a good thing, because then they cannot beat you!
- It’s easy to track the level of interest. The card can tell recipients to bring the card in for a discount, this will help you track down its effectiveness.
- Postcards have different purposes. You can do a single mailing campaign, solicit repeat customer, and even seek prospective ones while at the same time, you can use them as business cards, hang tags for products and even mini-info sheets about your business.
- The postcards will brand you. If you start the mail-in campaign on a regular basis, the public will become aware of you and your services/products, giving you a competitive advantage and edge that will follow you for years to come.
- Test Offers! By using postcards, you can test offers and see what the market feels about it. Would they buy it? Would they want to use it? Would they be interested? Should the price be lower or higher? Test the waters!
- Postcards are not about wasting time. They go straight to the point and have a message to explicitly tell. There are no “click here for more information” just to go to a phishing site. This is not about online games, Postcards is all about Business!
- They are small enough that they do not take much space.
- They are inexpensive.
- Easy for customers to redeem discounts.
What are two keys to postcard marketing success?
- Stay Persistent. Send at least 10 postcards per year to your mailing list.
- Plan ahead and do it right the FIRST time around!